Friday, December 19, 2008

Santa Claus is coming to town...

Just to prove that I am doing more than sitting around obsessing about the 17 day wait, here's a couple of shots of our living room, decorated to a standard that I hope will entice the fat man in the red suit to pay us a visit a day early with a great big present.

The cats as always at Christmas think we are the best humans ever, since we installed a great big fuck off cat toy for them to pull apart and destroy every day. They love punching the baubles until they get them on the ground, then they chase them around the living room. They also prey on my poor little rag doll reindeers, santas and angels. I regularly find them face down on the floor, murder victim style, all that's missing is the chalk mark surround and it would be CSI Tipperary. Then we drop hugely in their opinion in early January, when we take away their gigantic toy. Strange creatures, these humans.



I've gone really festive with the fireplace this year too. There's a whole raft of snow people, santas, reindeers and Santa bears hanging out waiting for a visit from the man himself. I even have a washing line of Santa's laundry, even though judging by the size of his mittens compared to his jackets and trousers, he's disturbingly out of proportion. So far the cats haven't taken a swipe at that, but I wouldn't rule it out yet.


So it's five days to Christmas Eve. I'm still feeling totally and utterly ran-over-by-a-steamroller knackered, even though I was in bed asleep at 10.30pm last night. And either my sense of smell is going into overdrive or some farmer collecting his pension in the post office this morning brought a serious amount of cowshite in with him on his wellies, because the smell nearly knocked me over. I've also had the passing twinge in my bosom region, but not the usual increase in cup size. So who knows. Having said all that, I had all those symptoms in a far more noticable way last time I was pregnant, and it was all over ten days after getting my BFP, so early strong symptoms are no gaurantee of a lasting pregnancy, if there is one there at all to begin with.

Ok *slaps self around the chops in an effort to cop oneself on* stop bloody obsessing Jane!

5 comments:

Liz said...

Your tree is fantastic. I imagine its like being a kid again when the run up to christmas just draged. Hope you manage to full your time and the twinges are a real sign. xx

Martin said...

I'm ridiculously nervous.

Good luck.

Lisa DG said...

Crossing my fingers for you.

Jane G said...

WFI - Yes I love the tree. I'm a big kid when it comes to the Christmas tree I have to admit. The time is dragging unbelievably slowly. I've been cleaning the house and organising shopping and presents to take my mind off it, but I just can't stop thinking about it.

X box - don't get too excited just yet, it could go either way, and I think it's not going to go our way.

Lisa - Thanks!

David said...

Exquisitely professional thoughts. I merely hit upon this web site and desired to enunciate that I've definitely delighted in reckoning your http://essay-writings-service.com blog articles or blog posts. Rest assured I'll subsist pledging to your RSS and I wish you write-up after much more shortly:-P