Thursday, December 4, 2008

I really am a share holder...

...in Clearblue. In my more active baby making stick peeing days, I used to joke to John that I should have shares in Clearblue, I'd spent that much money on their products. Well I found out yesterday that I actually have shares in the company that manufactures them. As I mentioned in a previous post, I work for a multinational which makes all manner of consumer goods, one of them being Clearblue pee sticks. And I happen to be a member of the share ownership scheme at work. So there you go. Keep peeing ladies, I want a good dividend this year.

The way I found out was that when I visited the site shop yesterday to stock up on skincare products for myself, shaving products for John, and nappies for our as yet unconceived children, there on the shelves were Clearblue Ovulation kits, the digital ones. So I grabbed a box, thinking they have to be cheaper than the pharmacy, even though I have a stash of cheapie internet ones at home. But hey, when you're an addict, you can never have enough peesticks in stock. Anyway got to the counter, trying to avoid other people looking at my purchases. The guy behind the counter said "sorry, you can't buy these (the peesticks) until next week, they're not input in the system yet". I went "well.....erm....I kinda need them this week". Without making eye contact he went "Oh. Right so. You can pay for them next week then. Is that all?". Me: "Em no, you haven't scanned this (inordinately large) pack of nappies, God loves a trier eh?". I don't know who was cringing more, me or him.

Anyway I reckon the shagfest begins this weekend, even though I am smothered with a cold. I think I'll go home, get on the hot lemon drinks and try to shake it off. Nothing worse than coughing and spluttering when you're trying to get it on.

6 comments:

Martin said...

That really is the irony to beat all ironies.

The people reading this are the people keeping you in a job effectively!

I can just imagine the cashier's face as you scan the OPK and the nappies...

You - 'you never know...'
her - *blank stare*

Liz said...

I'm seeing black market potential here. So did you get a smiley face?

Familyofthree said...

If they are cheaper than the pharmacy you can start a black market side business for digital OPK's and pregnancy tests :)

Anonymous said...

Heh heh heh.

I hope the cold did not interfere with your plans...

Kim said...

So funny! Clearblue digital is my test of choice! I am happy to be contributing to your dividends. I would be happier if your product would get a little better at telling me what I want to hear ;)

Jane G said...

X box - I went into the company shop this morning and found out that they are giving away the OPKs for free. Obviously not many takers on site. I'm the only shameless one :)

WFI & Familyoftwo- Great minds think alike. Black market, would I? Innocent little moi?
(what's your postal address?). Got the smiley face on Sunday.

May - Despite being smothered with a cold I still laid back and thought of Ireland....

Kim - you and me both :)