Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bye bye clomid!

No, I don't have any "good news", today is CD2. Bleughh! I was of course holding out for this being one of those stories that goes something like "and believe it or not, just when we decided to ditch the fertility drugs, I found I was already knocked up!". Not so for me. No bun in the oven. Meh.

So this month is going to be totally free of fertility drugs. No horrible shitty clomid. No horrible stingy hcg injections. Hopefully I will start feeling a little less down and a little more energetic. Part of me is still holding out for the off chance that we will just spontaneously hit target all of a sudden. But if it hasn't happened after almost a year of ttc on clomid, I don't think it's going to happen au naturel.

This Saturday I'm going to Dublin for my brother's 50th birthday party. He's decided to make it an early evening gathering, so as to be a family friendly bash. Cue Jane being the only one rocking up to the party without an ankle biter or a teenage offspring in tow. I'm already laying bets in my head as to how many drinks I will be down before someone, an in law or friend of the host who I haven't seen in several years, asks the question "so do you have any kids, Jane?" and I give them the inevitable answer, while trying to keep a pleasant smile on my face "No..."
Guaranteed to kill the conversation stone dead every time.

5 comments:

Martin said...

Shite.

Good luck off the lucifer pills.

Liz said...

Hope your body enjoys a bit of light relief off the drugs.

Maybe just have a badge made up: "No I don't have any children" just to ward off the questions.

Or maybe not.

Anonymous said...

I find 2 G&Ts are just about right to keep me cheerful but prevent me babbling hysterically.

Good luck with the no Clomid. Bastid clomid.

Lisa DG said...

I hate that clomid! First of all, it makes you feel like crap. Then- I don't think I know anyone who has gotten pregant from it. I mean, it must work some times, right? I think I did at least 9 cycles of it during my journey....

Hopefully the party will be fun and no one asks uncomfortable questions...

Jane G said...

@ Xbox - so far feeling better for ditching them. We'll see how we get on.

@ WFI - I had been thinking of a t-shirt.

@ May - Two G+Ts sounds good.

@ Lisa - I don't think I know all that many people who have gotten pregnant on it either. Congrats on your own news!