Thursday, October 15, 2009

International pregnancy and infant loss awareness day


DEAR PARENTS

I did not die young
I lived my span of life,
Within your body
And within your love.

There are many
Who have lived long lives
And have not been loved as me.

If you would honor me
Then speak my name
And number me among your family.

If you would honor me.
Then strive to live in love
For in that love, I live.

Never ever doubt
That we will meet again.

Until that happy day,
I will grow with God
And wait for you.

by Christy Kenneally

8 comments:

Mick said...

That's absolutely wonderful, it really is. Thanks for posting it :-)

Martin said...

Lovely words.

All the best to both of ye today.

BABY STEPS said...

Is that today? Seems like such a short time ago I was buring 3 candles. I should really record the date. Nice words by the way

Anonymous said...

*Bawls*

That's so beautiful.

*Bawls some more. Sorry about that*

We lit a candle too. It saddens me horribly, angrily, that I know so many people I am lighting said candle for.

Fran said...

Moving. Really. It's so hard isn't it...

I left you an award on my blog, you deserve it. Much love,
Fran

Lisa DG said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful posting with all of us.

C said...

Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing and ((HUGE HUGS))

Jane G said...

I found this poem in a book about miscarriage shortly after I had my first miscarriage. It made me weep buckets too but I thought the words were beautiful.