Monday, June 29, 2009

The life of leisure

Well I am now heading into my fifth week since my exit from my previous job. The time is just flying by. Going on holidays for 10 days in the middle of the month broke it up hugely, but I still can't believe a month has gone by. By and large I am really enjoying the time off. It's great to have time to just look after myself. I was given a number of vouchers for a local beauty salon, so I block booked myself a course of swedish massages. So now every Wednesday, I go for a 30 minute massage. It's pure bliss.

The other thing I am loving is that I have really got back into cooking for the first time in years. For the past ten years or so I have been working in large organisations with subsidised canteens, so I had totally gotten out of the habit of cooking dinner during the week. In the past year or so, the standard of food in the canteen was going downhill, but I still didn't bother cooking dinner. Now I cook good healthy dishes for dinner every day. John hasn't been this well fed since he left his mother's house! We had our next door neighbours over for dinner last week, and I even baked a pavlova. I filled it with raspberries, and topped it off with grated dark chocolate. Yummmm. It's been about two years since I have done any baking, so I was really proud of myself.

Anyway, I promised you some Italy photos, so here goes....

Street scene, Riva del Garda


Us on the ferry from Riva to Desanzano, with the Dolomite mountains in the background.

Beautiful Lake Garda
I read in a guidebook that the emblem on the rails outside the Colleoni Chapel in Bergamo of three testicles is a fertility symbol, and it's good luck for couples trying to conceive to touch it. So I duly dropped the hand on the three goolies. Desperate times, desperate measures :o)

While in Milan I decided to take a cultural walking tour....
which finished with us taking in the cafe culture.

This little D&G number was a snip. Perfect for those dominatrix nights.

And finally, a couple of nice pics of me and mah honey.

6 comments:

Liz said...

If stroking the testicles (or 'sacks' as my appropriate word verification says) works Bergamo might have a flock of infertiles descending on it soon.

Holiday sounds great, as does being a lady of leisure.

Sarah said...

Great pictures! Sounds like you're enjoying yourself, and really? Who wouldnt? =) A massage every week? Please and thank you!

Any way you can nab that little symbol? I know a lot of women here(myself included) that could use all the help they can get.

Martin said...

Reckon a move could be on the cards?

You look right at home.

I love the last picture, the way ye are sitting beside each other.

Ever notice how fake it seems when couples sit across from each other at a dinner table? Don't mind me, it's the heat.

Mick said...

Looks like you had a great time! The photos are lovely. Especially the last one, it looks so natural.

Oh and I love pavlova...mmm

Jane G said...

WFI - Yes Ryanair will have to put on extra flights if it works,

Sarah - You gotta get on a plane to Italy, babe.

Xbox - Oh how we would love to move there, if we could find jobs! I love that last photo too. We were sitting beside each other so that we could both face out onto the street from our restaurant table so that we could watch the world go by. Lovely restaurant and great scope for people watching.

Mick - Thanks! I made another pavlova for my in laws the other day. They were seriously impressed. Also made banana cake yesterday. Yummmm!

How are things with ye? Not long until the little lady arrives.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures make me feel thoroughly homesick.